Ventrilo

theadorae

Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody else has this problem and what is the work around. My ventrilo works great when i log in eq in the standard way, through the standard eq shortcut; but when i log in through the eq launch, so i get all my "windows" it Vent become nonfunctional. I have a Asus, running windows 8 and logitech equipment. I have tried logging in to vent and then using the eq lauch, non-functional vent. If i start eq the standard way i can add in MMOloader and get some of the functonality of MMObugs.. but it says i need to reload my UI. I think I have searched the forums throughly but I could have missed something. Thanks in advance for any help y'all can give me.

Have you tried running Vent as Admin? Of course, upgrading to Windows 7 might help as well lol

I left eq for a couple of years and I don't remember having this problem with window's 7... i might need to upgrade after all .. lol

need to make sure both of them run as admin Had this problem with other ganes with vent

Windows 8 is horrible imo. My g/f has it on her laptop. She hates it. Just haven't gotten around to putting 7 on it yet. Honestly, I've been tempted to go back to running XP Pro SP3.

Windows 8 is horrible imo. My g/f has it on her laptop. She hates it. Just haven't gotten around to putting 7 on it yet. Honestly, I've been tempted to go back to running XP Pro SP3.

People never bother to take the time to learn a new OS so they naturally hate it. Because it is different and they already had a hard time. That is no reason to go back to an OS that is getting removed hopefull for good Q1 2014

JJ, don't assume I've not taken the time to learn it. My g/f has it on her laptop, as I stated above. I've used it too many times to count. I just don't like it.

I gotta go with Dulak on this one. We have plenty of terminals or office PCs at work with Win8 on them, probably about 50/50 for now for win7 and win8. At home, most of my stuff has win7, with 1 tablet win8. Tablet I am fine with win8, I think it's a nice tablet OS. For any PC or terminal, I think it's a piece of shit - just my 2 cents, and I have used it plenty long enough to give it a fair chance.

htw

I'm not sure why the brains at Microsoft decided it would be a great idea to change a desktop version of the OS in to a generic tablet OS. There's enough people working for Microsoft where someone should have said 'dude this idea is absolutely stupid. Keep the start menu and drop the wannabe tablet crap'. Well there probably was someone who said that but they were promptly fired for going against the top guys.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

I'm not sure why the brains at Microsoft decided it would be a great idea to change a desktop version of the OS in to a generic tablet OS. There's enough people working for Microsoft where someone should have said 'dude this idea is absolutely stupid. Keep the start menu and drop the wannabe tablet crap'. Well there probably was someone who said that but they were promptly fired for going against the top guys.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

I would assume it was for a marketing scheme so they could be cross platformed without any issue.

I would assume it was for a marketing scheme so they could be cross platformed without any issue.
It's due to cutbacks and laziness. It wasn't required to 'tabletize' or make ugly the interface, i.e. bastardize it, in order to make it 'cross platform'. Not like that's anything new.

htw

It's due to cutbacks and laziness. It wasn't required to 'tabletize' or make ugly the interface, i.e. bastardize it, in order to make it 'cross platform'. Not like that's anything new.

htw

I was trying to be nice when I said marketing but laziness and cutbacks is what I really was meaning or something similar!

Thanks for all the help. Thanks for all the help. Running as admin I don't believe is possible, since I don't run the server at all. I will monkey around with it and see what else i can do.

All you have to do it is right click on it and pick run as admin. You can do that with all programs on windows. Doesn't have anything to do with the server. When you tell the PC to run a program as admin, it's giving the program all level access permissions so it can do what it was designed to do.

All you have to do it is right click on it and pick run as admin. You can do that with all programs on windows. Doesn't have anything to do with the server. When you tell the PC to run a program as admin, it's giving the program all level access permissions so it can do what it was designed to do.

to go a step farther

Right click --> Properties --> Comparability --> Run as admin box

I am running Win 7 and run three instances of EQ, via the standard MQ2 dealio.

Vent runs with nothing special, I usually start it after EQ is up and logged in.
My only issue.. I cant click the ctrl to chat unless Vent is on top/active. /shrug
You may have that as well.

Which is why you need to run it as admin. That was an issue I was having. I ran it as admin and was able to use the push to talk button without vent having to be the top window.